. . . I was never that good at the words anyways - bn


. . . you're not punk and i'm tellin everyone, save your breath i never was one - bs



Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mount Moriah - Miracle Temple - I Can't Put it Down

2013 has already been chockfull of fantastic full lengths and EPs (see Restorations, Dorado, El Cantador, California X, Broadway Calls, Waxahatchee, Water Liars, Gameday Regulars etc. etc.) but I can't say anything has really grabbed me thus far like Mount Moriah's 2nd LP Miracle Temple. 

I was certainly eagerly awaiting its February 26 release date after discovering and embracing their 2011 S/T debut far too late, but this thing has been even better than anticipated.  I rarely keep an album on repeatedly, but to say I've had this one in heavy rotation is a major understatement, it's even drawn some unique accompaniment from our 9 month old on multiple occassions.

I'll spare you an attempt at a drawn out description but there are range of well balanced influences going on here.  A country meets college/indie rock esque sound certainly is evidence of the band's roots and residence in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area.  I'm continually impressed by bands from the "triangle" and their albums keep landing in my favorites lists (recently Red Collar/J Kutchma, American Aquarium, Wood Ear etc.).

To keep this post from being needlessly lengthy, point is, you should buy this album and their debut, and should do so very soon.

A couple of tracks from the new one, and my favorite off of Mount Moriah below.

Also the band's currently on tour and will be at DC9 on Wednesday March 27.





No comments:

Post a Comment