. . . I was never that good at the words anyways - bn


. . . you're not punk and i'm tellin everyone, save your breath i never was one - bs



Thursday, December 13, 2012

2012 Best Songs from the Rest

Since I struggled so much in narrowing down my favorite albums list, and under the dangerous assumption that you aren't completely over year end lists (mine and everyone else's), I've decided to rattle off some of my favorite songs of the year from artists/bands who didn't quite make the "Best of" list.  Some of these are  the hands down greatest of the year.

DPDC Best Songs from the Rest 2012

John K. Samson - When I Write My Master's Thesis (Provincial)
Glocca Morra - Ya'll Boots Hats? (Just Married)
Torche - Kicking (Harmonicraft)
Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - Centreville (There is a Bomb in Gilead)
You Blew It! - Terry vs. Tori (Grow Up, Dude)
Waxahatchee - Be Good (American Weekend)
A Giant Dog - Cowboy (Fight)
Paws - Pony. (Cokefloat!)
Sam Russo - Factory Rain (Storm)
Cat Power -Ruin (Sun)
Bob Mould - Silver Age (Silver Age)
Bohannons - The River Above (Unaka Rising)
Grass Giraffes - Backstories (Transporation EP)
Dr. Dog - How Long Must I Wait (Be the Void)
Slingshot Dakota - Gossip (Dark Hearts)
Chuck Prophet - Castro Halloween (Temple Beautiful)
The Sparklers - Gunfire & Confetti (Crying at the Low Bar)
Royal Headache - Really in Love (S/T)
Dikembe - Apology Not Fucking Accepted (Broad Shoulders)
Teenage Bottlerocket - Go With the Flow (Freak Out!)
Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball (Wrecking Ball)
The Whigs - Tiny Treasures (Enjoy the Company)
Sundials - Completely Broken (When I Couldn't Breathe)
The Mountain Goats - Amy aka Spent Gladiator
Best Coast - The Only Place (The Only Place) 


No comments:

Post a Comment