So . . . after causing a prolonged hiatus I think life has settled down enough that I can start to consistently post again. No better way to reinstate the blog than with a belated Best of 2011 list.
The following are my favorite albums of 2011
1. Rural Alberta Advantage - Departing
2. Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - Here We Rest
3. Banner Pilot - Heart Beats Pacific
4. Glossary - Long Live All of Us
5. Middle Brother - S/T
6. Laura Stevenson & The Cans - Sit Resist
7. Living Daylights - What Keeps You Breathing
8. Horrible Crowes - Elsie
9. Have Gun Will Travel - Mergers & Acquistions
10. Red City Radio - The Dangers of Standing Still
11. Dawes - Nothing is Wrong
12. Elway - Delusions
13. Richard Buckner - Our Blood
14. Austin Lucas - A New Home in the Old World
15. Lauderdale - Moving On
16. Kite Party - Baseball Season
17. Deep Dark Woods - The Place I Left Behind
18. Restorations - S/T
19. Okkervil River - I Am Very Far
20. Title Fight - Shed
21. William Elliot Whitmore - Field Songs
22. Dead to Me - Moscow Penny Ante
23. War on Drugs - Slave Ambient
24. Polar Bear Club - Clash Battle Guilt Pride
25. Kasey Anderson & The Honkies - Heart of a Dog
If you have a Spotify account (which is free and easy to set up) follow the link below to listen to a playlist featuring a couple of tracks from each album.
Dixie Punk DC Best of 2011
I had to cut off the list somewhere, but Deer Tick, Frank Turner, Chuck Ragan, Joyce Manor, The Head & The Heart, Woods, My Morning Jacket, Prison Book Club and more also put out great albums last year.
Sorry again for the absence, expect more soon.
I plan to add a collaborator, so hopefully that will allow for more routine (and dynamic) content.
To those who do, thanks for following.